[nagdu] a cane and dog discussion

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 01:08:02 UTC 2011

Hi, Brittney,
Although this message is way old, I figured to reply to it.
I've had similar experiences too with my previous guides when I've had to
correct them.
Once it came to Odie though, people were more scared of him than Orleans and
Freedom David Berry.
All three of my guides were black labs.
For Orleans and Freedom, they had a unique white patch on their chests.
Odie is a hybrid black lab and is much larger than the other two were.
As for people claiming that you're being mean to your dog because of a leash
correction, I just ignore them and not let them get to you.
There were times that once I simply gave Odie his correction and people
would start having a temper tantrum, I just happily smile at them and walk
away while they were doing their hollering and babyish ranting.
I've learned how to use a cane and am glad I know how to use it, but would
rather have the dog.
I felt better with crossing major intersections back when Odie was my
working partner and it always felt great whenever he'd let me know of a
dangerous situation occuring.
Bibi and Odie
the retired one