[nagdu] hybrid black lab

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 01:21:26 UTC 2011

hi, all,
I figured to come up with this one before I would be asked what is a hybrid
black lab.
When I did my research a long time ago to figure out why Odie has such a
large, heavy, bony head with a thick chest, broad shoulders and very
muscular, I wasn't sure if he was a Newfi lab, British lab, Vietnese lab or
what.
Some people thought he probably had some pit bull mixed in whith him as he
also has a long-gated mouth witha powerful bite that would be able to do
some serious damage.
He definitely doesn't have any pit bull in him, but shows the
characteristics due to his powerful mouth.
I often wonder if he may have had some rottwiller mix too because of his
head being large and his body being so muscular.
A friend of mine who has a golden spaniel cross indicated that Odie is a
German black lab.
Guess that's why some people feared him.
Other have told me that they simply couldn't understand how some would be
afraid of a gentle, gigantic marshmellow like him.
He was definitely a great guide dog for his time and we were all in one.
Odie always seemed to know what I was thinking or became very percise on
reading my mind.
Same thing happened when it came to me too.
If it wasn't for his degenerative disc disease in his lower back, I gladly
would have worked him longer.
Still, he has a new career of being a medical alert service dog since he
saved my husband Dale's life three times in a row.
Bibi and retired Pilot Dogs
guide dog/medical alert service dog son Odie
and hopefully new four-legged furry mystery
soon to be guide dog