[nagdu] extremely basic guide dog questions...

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:03:21 UTC 2011

actually, the dogs are used to being touched when they relieve now, because
there are blind training department people who work them and relieve them
now, so they are used to being touched during relieving.  It's a huge
improvement over the days of having to get the dog used to that, with
everything else the dog is getting used to with a new handler.

Remember, the dog is used to its trainer.  It's been worked by other staff
people, but for a number of weeks, it has spent most of its time with that
trainer.  It has to get used to you, as much as you have to get used to him
or her.  It's a learning time for both of you.