[nagdu] Discrimination

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 23:53:43 UTC 2011

Or the most insensitive. Good grief! Ah, well. That could just be me
thinking that. You know how it is with people who don't have RP and
aren't going blind, who then insist on going around with one of those
obnoxious white and red sticks just to get attention and insist on
getting materials to learn braille and then, well, just to cap it off,
they get some stupid dog and make a big deal out of it just so they can
take it everywhere...  /lol/ Like you say, attitudes toward blindness
can get pretty problematic sometimes. Needless to say, I don't hang
around much with the people to whom I most closely related by genetics,
and when I do, I am constantly on guard and have a tendency to use my
cane even around the family house, just in case I ned to use it for more
than discovering objects that may have moved without my knowing... Sigh.