[nagdu] Dogs and Taxis

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Sat Jul 30 04:06:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am not sure why space has anything to do with it.  Even in smaller
vehicles there is room for a guide dog unless you have several passengers.
Front seats move forward and since most all vehicles have bucket seats or a
split bench the dog could sit on the floor on the side where the seat could
be moved forward the most.

Also Larry, you help make the point about why not to disclose the presence
of a guide dog since it can and does lead to needless arguments.  We need to
be and are about change in attitudes.  If we don't give people time to make
up rules and excuses we have a better chance of being role models in the
eyes of most drivers and travel oriented companies.

By the way, I say "transportation oriented companies" because the same
principles apply to airlines, hotels etc.  I have tried many experiments
over the years where I decide to indicate that a guide dog will be
accompanying me just to see what happens.  I find often that I encounter
much more difficulty with advanced disclosure than when I do not say I use a
service animal.

Mike Hingson

The Michael Hingson Group, INC.
 “Speaking with Vision”
Michael Hingson, President
(415) 827-4084
info at michaelhingson.com
To learn more about my upcoming book, speaking topics and speaking
availability please visit www.michaelhingson.com
Thunder Dog is now available for early ordering on Amazon!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Dog-Blind-Triumph-Ground/dp/140020304X/ref=sr_
1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289090352&sr=1-3

for info on the new KNFB Reader Mobile, visit:
http://knfbreader.michaelhingson.com