[nagdu] Dogs and Taxis

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Sat Jul 30 03:08:11 UTC 2011

I tell folks at the cab company or others out of consideration for space.  If they refuse Then I get ugly!  I also have the advantage of living about 100 yards from our major cab company, well I can just go down there and complain!  Or maybe put some Holly presents on there doorstep!  Most folks, when they see how well Holly behaves they love picking us up!  I do have a probblem with the way dispatchers put out the call about transporting a dog!  It sort of depersonalizes us.  Also, sence I have had to transport my pet, who does behave but not as well as Holly, I imagine that some confussion could arise about whether the call involves pet or service dogs.  I usually don't tell restraunts, hospitals or anyone else though.  I figure unlike me, most folks are not blind and can see Holly doing her work.  They can obviously see how well she is traind as well.  Any questions and I also have her ID which I carry right along with my own.
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!