[nagdu] Update on the old gal

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 30 05:21:42 UTC 2011

Hi, Tracy,
Have you tried soaking her food and having the meds dissolve in the food?
I have to do this with Odie and found that method to work far better than
sticking it in the back of his mouth toward his throat and holding the mouth
shut completely.
I even tried mixing his meds up with peanutbutter or other things like
cheese or pieces of a hot dog.
Forget it.
Odie picked up on that after a while and wasn't going to fall for it
anymore.
Since I have to soak his food anyway because of a damaged trachea, all of
his meds are mixed in with his food and dissolve competely.
He doesn't know that once his food is being eaten by him directly, he's even
swallowing his meds as well.
Just some thoughts and suggestions.
Bibi and retired Odie