[nagdu] Pros & Cons of Advance Notice

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 15:04:05 UTC 2011

At times the space in the backseat floor area can get tight, but
that's mainly because the cab driver has the passenger seat way back.
Most of them have been willing to move their seats forward once I
pointed out that the dog was needing a bit more space. Still though, I
hhaven't yet informed them ahead of time that I had a dog and I dont'
intend to do so either. I'm a frequent user of the Yelllow Cabs in my
area. If something ever did come up, I would call into a supervisor
the same day and tell them the problem and to look up the cab number
if I didn't know it. They keep detailed logs of who picked up at what
time, and who made the reservation, so I'm not worried about the
driver getting away with anything. I've done this before as well, only
for very troublesome cab drivers, but the situation was fixed in those
cases. I've only had one driver nearly deny me a trip when he said,
"You can't bring that dog in here." I replied, "Yes I can, I do it all
the time with other cabs." He was surprised by this, but once he heard
that I did it with many other cabs, he relented. I got the feeling
that the driver saw the dog as a pet, perhaps because I didn't have
time to slip her harness on. I do recall calling in about that
incident though, mainly to make them aware. Even if I dont' 'have time
to put the harness on because I'm rushing to get out the door in time,
I always have it with me.

Wayne