[nagdu] Ice Cream

Bunny Davidson bunnydavidson at live.com
Mon Jun 6 05:03:48 UTC 2011

very rarely do i EVER send anything like this, but this one was just too-too & i had to send it...enjoy & have a great day

                                    Saying Grace in a Restaurant                                   Sometimes we forget the really important things in life.

 Last week, I took my grand-children to a restaurant.

 My six-year-old grand-son asked if he could say grace.

 As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Nana gets us ice cream for dessert.  And liberty and justice for all!  Amen!"

 Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country.  Kids today don't even know how to pray.  Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!"

 Hearing this, my grand-son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"

 As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table.

 He winked at my grand-son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

 "Really?" my grand-son asked.

 "Cross my heart," the man replied.

 Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream.  A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

 Naturally, I bought my grand-children ice cream at  the end of the meal.  My grand-son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.

 He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you.  Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already."
 The End

 I love this story!
 Please keep it moving.
 Sometimes, we all need some ice cream.

 I hope God sends you some ice cream today!