[nagdu] Service Dog Forced To Ride In Taxi Trunk

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 20:05:30 UTC 2011

Aim higher!  /lol/  I've been wondering that, too.  I think that if you
follow the sound of the person's voice and aim the camera lens towards where
you would look to simulate eye contact, you could get to about the right
spot to get the person in the frame...  It might take practice, but it's the
best I can come up with.  Of course, if you're using the iPhone defensively
-- to get some jerk on audio/video so you can show his/her boss or put it on
YouTube or whatever to cut through the denials that he/she would ever do any
such thing, then you usually have plenty of sound to aim towards...  Of
course, I'm still reviewing the last time I really, really should have had a
camera in hand and ready to go, trying to figure out how I could have used
it and kep my dog and me safe while trying to get out of the mess that I
wanted to get on film.  Sigh.  Still, I am mostly furious with myself for
not having a camera phone in my hand to at least try to use effectively.
Next time...

I dunno.  I really need to practice with digital camera I have, which sucks
because it drains the batteries in under a minute if you try to take
pictures with it.  I think camera phones are easier because they fit in your
hand, so once you figure out where the camera button is and where the lense
is, you can just hold it up fairly unobtrusively and hope for the best.
/grin/  Or see what you get instead of what you thought you were getting.

Tami Smith-Kinney