[nagdu] A little off topic--Community Service division organizingmeeting at convention

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed Jun 8 17:33:03 UTC 2011

Thanks, Katherine, glad you agree about the LGBT group.  A couple of years
ago, a meeting announcement was denied by Mauer and company. The leadership
of NFB are conservative and NOT progressive in terms of social issues that
DO affect blind people as much as sighted people - we are everything,
including LGBT.  If an announcement about an LGBT meeting was denied - a
division sure would be!  I had a big fight with a friend who is a state
president of a state affiliate over this issue.

On the other hand, the ACB has a fully equal LGBT group within its
organization and that group was 10 years old last year!  I have joined this
group.

I have found the NFB to be too conservative for my needs but the NAGDU group
is great so I stay with that group.  Wwe've always had to fight for guide
dog rights in NFB in the past and it is better now after we all rose hell.

Lyn and Landon