[nagdu] calls received for problems with cabs

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 9 11:01:56 UTC 2011

Bibi,
    I probably get, on average, four calls each month concerning individuals
who are facing discrimination due to the use of a guide or other service
dog. Last year, I think I had 3 - 5 calls from individuals concerning access
to taxicabs. In addition, I also got about the same number of calls from
operators of taxicabs asking questions about their rights and
responsibilities as it pertains to access by service dog users.
    I suspect that, once the NAGDU Information & Advocacy Hotline is in full
swing and more widely marketed, these numbers will increase. HTH!

Fraternally yours,
Marion