[nagdu] a cane and dog discussion

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 20 17:20:58 UTC 2011

Oh! See? You just really clarified a whole line of related thought on
O&M and a couple of other things for me with your discussion of the
place of motivation and perseverance.  Also, if you do not have access
to a good instructor, people who will answer questions and discuss
technigques and alternatives to help you figure it out.  /lol/  With
O&M, especially when you're new to it, extra portions of both are
required because you have to overcome your own fears in the process of
learning.  Well, I did!  But the choice was go out or stay home, so I
guess I'm more scared of being stuck in the house than I am of the great
unknown I then needed to figure out with a white cane I didn't know how
to use...  Then the switch to dog, which was ridiculously scary even
though I had spent and awful lot of time training her so that I could
use her as a guide dog.  But there's a lot of sensory differences
between cane use and guide dog use, so you have to learn on a
neurological level, too, which can be troubling to the conscious mind.
Well, to mine at least.  /smile/

Have a hassle free time with Monty at the conference!