[nagdu] DIFFERENT TYPES OF DOGS

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 20:02:01 UTC 2011

Oh! thanks for telling me so. As you may have guessed I love going about
my dog, dogs, my dog, every dog I've ever met... So I'm always glad when
my ramblings turn out to actually be helpful to someone. /smile/

It's all my own experience and what I've picked up from others or other
dogs I've had, more and more informed by my growing experience as a
guide dog user.  So I'm better at evaluating pros and cons of the
various breed and type options in light of what I want in a guide.

I've liked hearing what most others have said on the matter of
preference itself.  It is very, very individual when it comes right down
to it.

The even more important thing is the individual dog we are matched with
or end up with meets our needs in a way that enhances our lives.  Which
seems to happen most of the time, so that's a good thing.  Glad you're
enjoying your pup and life as a guide dog handler!