[nagdu] shock collars used on service dogs

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed Mar 2 21:36:27 UTC 2011

I guess the same can be said about the chain "choke" collars we get issued
with our dogs.

I agree that many things become problematic when used incorrectly or in the
hands of the wrong type of owner.  So, you're not in trouble! LOL!  We might
be on PETA's sh*t list for using these things on dogs.

On my Humane Society visits with the P-AT program, I use a flat nylon
martingale style collar on Landon.  However, I do have much better control
over him in his chain collar.  The HS doesn't like the chain collars
although they do understand that my working guide has been trained with one
so they don't give me any trouble if I forget the other collar and have to
use his chain one.

Lyn and Landon