[nagdu] Do you ever get angry with your dogs and how to controleit?

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:07:59 UTC 2011

I think there has been good advice here. If I am frustrated for some reason,
say lost, and I get angry because the dog won't find our way, I stop, take
deep breaths, put him at sit, and think, and praise. If he's done something
like yours did I don'tget over it very fast, but the next time he does
something right, I praise him profusely. I don't do severe corrections. If
my dog is distracted by dogs and I can't get him to stop, I stay back, put
him at sit, and make him do "doggie push ups", down, up, down, up, until he
seems to be attentive again. But mostly, more praise than anger and they
soon forget the times you were angry, I'm just sure of that.

Cindy