[nagdu] Local business asks service dog to leave

Meghan Whalen mewhalen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:31:30 UTC 2011

That is a valid point Marion.  If the dog's alerting response is untrained,
does that mean the dog cannot be a service dog?  Don't most dogs who alert
to such things just do it out of instinct?  I'm really not sure, but I do
think that if they respond, whether trained or untrained, that capability is
benefiting the handler.  This is all, of course, if the gentleman in
question has a documented disability or if he has self-diagnosed, which is
not necessarily entirely invalid, but is not sufficient defense to take
legal action.

There are so many loopholes and what-ifs, and I wish people weren't so good
at finding them.

Meghan