[nagdu] Local business asks service dog to leave

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 20:33:04 UTC 2011

Hm...  So if the dog's natural alerting behaviors are reinforced through
praise, etc., then that's training with applied operant conditioning.  Or so
it seems to me.  I'm not the one who would get to decide whether the dog
qualifies as being specifically trained, so my opinion is worth the paper
it's written on.  I do wonder about that facet of defining a service dogs in
cases like this one.

I don't get the bit with the tags, either.  Something's fishy somewhere!

That being said, it does seem to me the clinic was in error and violated
this man's civil rights.  Unless the dog was a dirty scurvy cur, but the
article does not mention that.

Tami Smith-Kinney