[nagdu] Local business asks service dog to leave

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Thu Mar 3 15:34:19 UTC 2011

Marion,

No, the Department of Justice does not issue any type of certification for
service animals.

The thing that bothers me about the situation is that the doctor running the
clinic does not even seem to care about the law, regardless of whether this
animal is legitimate or not. He is convinced, by the line about there being
so many doctors hence no need for a service animal and that is very
troubling.

I'd be curious though too about the animal's exact training and performance
of tasks. I suspect that a lot of people who have such dogs that accompany
them don't understand task training versus random behaviors.

Jenine Stanley

jeninems at wowway.com