[nagdu] Do you ever get angry with your dogs andhowtocontroleit?

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 5 00:47:31 UTC 2011

Hi:

To speed up Bogart I lift his harness handle up (or push it up and forwards I guess). When I do this I say "Pick it up" and try to move forward a bit quicker myself. If he is feeling like it he will double his pace. Then we get going nicely. This also works good when crossing roads with many lanes. He is always agreeable in getting heck across those darn roads.

However, if he isn't in the right mood, nothing I do will get him to pick up the pace. I just try to lose the frustration in my voice/body language and use encouraging commands like "lets go" "pick it up" Damn it spee up (just kidding). He teaches me great patience. I often wonder if this is a poodle thing or just a dog thing.

Gary