[nagdu] Guide dogs at Discovery Cove

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:20:43 UTC 2011

Hey Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, ... :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Discovery Cove is a Sea World related theme park that gives people a
chance to more closely experience wildlife. They offer dolphin
encounter packages for a 30 minute encounter with a dolphin. The park
admission, whether you go for the dolphin experience or the "trainer
for a day" is somewhat higher than admission at other theme parks, but
it is all inclusive. In that, your admission covers any equipment you
use during the day, all meals and snacks, locker rentals and other
things. They advise to make the reservations at least 2-3 months ahead
of time since they allow only 1,000 guests in the park on any given
day. I hesitated to do it after seeing the prices, but now think that
I will. after all, how often do you get the chance to have a dolphin
experience? Plus, when making my hotel reservation for convention last
week, I asked the reservation agent how far the park was from the
hotel , and they said, "Oh, about 10 minutes." That clenched it for
me.

The Discovery Cove website leaves a little to be desired for the
average JAWS user as far as being usable, but the address is:
www.discoveryCove.com

However, I've found most of the info through Google searches and with
YouTube videos that I searched for with Google. They also offer close
up encounters with many exotic fish, birds, and other things too.
After I get some more information, I think I'm going to go for it and
call the convention hotel to adjust my reservations. If you want to
know more, then check out the Swim with Dolphins podcast from Hear and
There that was posted to the Blind Cool Tech site:
wwww.BlindCoolTech.com
You may have to do a virtual find with control F for the podcast since
the page is very large.

Or, Hear and There direct link to MP3 file (link may wrap to next line):
http://hearandthere.net/Documents/1075%20Kitty%20Hevener%20Swims%20with%20Dolphins%20at%20Discovery%20Cove,%20Florida.mp3

Wayne