[nagdu] Guide dogs at Discovery Cove

Katrin Andberg katrin at maplewooddog.com
Sun Mar 6 22:28:02 UTC 2011

A friend and I went to Sea World in Orlando a couple of years ago.  We had
taken her pet dog, a corgi with us, and yes Sea World did have an on-site
kennel that we left her corgi in.  I chose to take James, my guide, into the
park with us and he did very well and we all enjoyed our time.  The kennel
facility is basically a wall of crates that the dog stays in.  They give a
bowl of water and you can bring a blanket to put in with the dog.  They do
not walk or take the dogs out of the cages, you have to come back to walk
and relieve your dog if necessary depending on how long you are going to be
gone for.  The price was very reasonable, if I remember right about $12-15
for the day.  You had to bring proof of rabies certificate and some other
vaccines, I think DHL-P (distemper, parvo) and possibly bordatella (kennel
cough), I can't remember off the top of my head.  The kennel facility was
very well kept and clean and was staffed the entire time dogs were in it.

Hope that helps

Katrin

Katrin Andberg

 <mailto:katrin at maplewooddog.com> katrin at maplewooddog.com