[nagdu] metal detectors

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 13:44:14 UTC 2011

Heya all!

I'm looking for info on metal detector screenings of people with service dogs  in a nonairport setting.

Do the same sorts of rules apply...no separating the person and dog, no removing the harness etc?  Also where could I find an official copy of these laws?

It looks like soon I will need to go through a metal detector at the building where I work.  I want to be able to provide the applicable information before this policy is initiated to hopefully avoid any unpleasantness.

Thanks!
Julie