[nagdu] Cost of owning a guide dog

Lisa Irving lirving1234 at cox.net
Sat Mar 19 06:08:36 UTC 2011

Gary, I'd like to share with you what I do.

First, keep in mind how low to the ground a dog is. Generally speaking, dogs
look a head, often at their eye level. If I'm traveling in a route we
frequent I lightly shake the over head and , in a low keyed voice tell
Bernie, no. We re work the over hang a few times and usually, Bernie
gradually learns to walk me around the over hang. I hope this helps.

Lisa and Bernie