[nagdu] Guidedogs in China

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue May 3 12:52:43 UTC 2011

		From what I understand, you will not be able to take your dog many if not any places in China.
A few questions to ask yourself;
Do you want to go to China? Are you willing to leave your dog home and risk the partnership failing? Will you get such an opportunity again? Do you have anything at home that you care about, girlfriend, children, things of that nature?

I had an opportunity to go to England for a semester.  I didn't take it because of the quaranteen which was still in effect. Looking back, I don't know that that was the right call. I had been to England once before ona youth exchange and loved it. Sometimes I wish I'd taken the opportunity to spend  asemister there.
If you didn't have a dog, what would you do? In my case, I not only had a dog, but was also engaged. I no longer have a dog, but still have the husband.
I'd say that if the dog is the only reason to say no, then take this opportunity.