[nagdu] Your critique Invited!

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Sun May 15 22:04:45 UTC 2011

This is a bit off topic in regard to the brochure itself. But I agree Anne
with a lot of our issues being with taxi cabs. On Thursday, on my way home
from the store, the operator who answered at the cab company said, "It
states when you call that you are visually impaired. You don't have a dog or
anything like that with you do you?" First of all, what does anything like
that with you mean? A service chicken or a service cow? LOL. I didn't answer
his question with a yes or no. Instead, I simply told him that question was
unnecessary and there was no need to ask. He said, "I apologize. But some
cab drivers don't like dogs in their cabs." I told him that federal law
doesn't go by whether or not a driver likes dogs in his or her cab. He then
quickly apologized and didn't even give it a second thought. I was curious
as to whether my response implied that I was accompanied by a dog. I was
curious as to whether or not he just decided to note that I had a dog
anyway, because of how I responded. So I called back in about 10 minutes
later to check on the status of my cab, as they advise you to do, and asked
what was all noted when my number came up. To my surprise, he did not note
anything about a service dog. I have found, with this cab company in
particular, that when some drivers realize I have a dog, they call into the
company and try to have it noted on my file when my number comes up. When I
call in to order a cab, they even say it. It shows here you have a dog, is
this correct? And I say no so they remove it. LOL.