[nagdu] Hiking

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Wed May 18 13:13:21 UTC 2011

hi:

I've only done one long (7.5 km) hike with bogart in the mountains. It was a hike that took us around 5 lakes. i used a trekking  pole in my right hand which was a good idea. susan was with me and wasn't always 100% confident that bogart would account for the drop offs on my right  when he is guiding. Now these are realtively challenging hikes. On flatter paths i would trust him without anything. I like using the trekking poels for balance too. when i hike without bogart in harness I use two trekking poles. one like a cane and the other in my left hand for balance. they both offer information gathering potentials though.

Gary