[nagdu] A favorite book about dog guides

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue May 31 14:00:26 UTC 2011

I like Triumph of The Seeing Eye, because it describes class pretty well.
Oldtime class, but class just the same.  I also like Keep Your Head Up,
Mr. Putnam, which is an autobiography of Peter Putnam's life when he was
blinded in an attempted suicide, and his training with his first guide
dog.
I also like My Eyes Have A Cold Nose, which is mostly sociological
observations about how blind people are viewed by society.  It's from the
1940's, but a lot of it is still true.  Some things have changed, and some
have not.
Tracy