[nagdu] Seeing Eye Class Length Shortened

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 02:07:32 UTC 2011

Julie,

Yeah, and how successful have you ever been at explaining to anyone how
it is that you owner-trained because you didn't have time to go off to
guide dog school for a month? /lol/ I never have managed to do it, so
I'm curious if you have. /lol/

Well, when I do end up going through a program, then time away from
work, life, the old age home, whatever, will be a factor in choosing a
school. And it is something to work out. But I'm not sure how much of a
sticking point it would be, either. I can see how valuable the 4 week
program would be for learning as much as possible. Still, I would prefer
home training, but I don't know if I would be unqualified because I
would be a first-timer due to having owner-trained... I figure I'll find
out one of these days. /grin/