[nagdu] Seeing Eye Class Length Shortened

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 21:30:58 UTC 2011

Hi, Lynn,
I have to agree with you on this one as each and all of us do have an
important, productive life to live and support families too.
Each and all of us can't always put things on hold or the back burner, so
yes, the guide dog schools really need to take a step back and look at
everything in a large picture as a whole.
If I wanted to, I could already be training my own dog, but because of my
medical ailment and other circumstances, it wouldn't be feasible for me to
do that during this time.
At the same time, there are people who can't be away from work, more due to
their employers having a fit over missed time.
Again, we're back to the question that raises concerns over guide dog
training and employment.
Despite that I'm not in school right now, it was rough on me during my
college prime time.
I remember when I had to go back to retrain with a successor dog at Pilot, I
also had to retire the second dog around the same time I got Odie.
I missed two weeks of a trimester at Westwood College and I figure it's
something I'd rather not do again if I can avoid it.
Truth here is that I had a choice to wait until after my trimester.
I didn't do that as me myself directly allowed my stubron streak to get the
best of me.
I wanted another guide dog beside me immediately and took the consequence.
I have since learned from that mistake and don't plan on attempting that
route again.
It was a big lesson I had to learn on my own.
No one else could fix that problem for me and it was all on myself directly.
*Smiles*
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf