[nagdu] audible steet lights and O&M

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:25:09 UTC 2011

No offense about what I am going to say about Audible lights.

Whether in NYC or out here on Long Island.

I in fact had a good instructor with Helen Keller Service, but I had a better person teaching me from the NFB.

Not every place we go will have audible lights or signs, and  with power outages or even them just not working.

The best way is to just learn good O&M Skills.  Always stop that the corner and listen for the traffic pattern, you are sometimes going to be in a new one from time to time, so take an extra few minutes to figure it out.

Some roadways even on long island are terrible to cross, not just NY City or any other big intersection.  So having chirping or other noise when there are 4 lanes of traffic to cross or just a wide road, the sound may not be heard.

We had someone who was hit up in Albany that is a vendor that was leaving for work and waited for the chirping and the traffic and someone still hit him.

Sighted people still get when even they do the right thing.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394