[nagdu] about private trainers

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:30:01 UTC 2011

Hi Natalie, Shaman lived with me through out his training. All of my other
dogs did also.The trainer just came to my house and we would decide where
we would train for the day.Some days we worked the bus. Other days we
worked in the mall for stairs and escalator avoidance.Also for riding on
elevators,working on doors and food avoidance in the food court. There are
crowds and lots of distractions in the mall. We worked several malls. We
some times went to movies at the mall and both dogs loved that. I would
work Nala and Nick would work Shaman. Some times we would exchange dogs.
Shaman learned a lot from watching Nala. Some times I would attach Shaman's
leash to Nala's harness and work both dogs together.We went to many dog
friendly places like Petsmart and the dog Park.We worked on finding and
stopping at curb cuts,side walks,streets with no sidewalks,and crossing
streets.I had friends help with the traffic checks.Carla used her car and
Johnny used his truck. If you would like to read my training blog, the link
is listed below.It is the first one listed. The second blog is about my
visually impaired Bearded Dragon lizard. Hope this answers your
questions.   Mardi and Shaman

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/