[nagdu] ACB and NFB

marilyn t21114 at optonline.net
Sat Nov 12 14:40:02 UTC 2011

Hi Larry and Everyone,
Its like the Republicans and Democrats. If only everyone would work for the same cause together this would be a better world.
Two months ago I was at a meeting and one of the men from the DOT told me the blind people are the worse to work with because they are so divided.  It was about the audible street light that I am working on with others to get as many as we can put in Suffolk County. Its a slow process but its happening. One group wants it and the other group says no.This was in Hicksville a few years ago. He was almost afraid to ask if I was involved with these groups. I told him at the moment I am neutral. I am fighting for what I think blind people need in my county and what will make my life easier crossing streets with my guide dog.
I was asked why are blind people so divided. I said why are there Democrats and Republicans? We all think differently on what we need or should have.
I had a problem voting last Tuesday evening. I was annoyed at the way the board of election looks at disabled people. there view is very few (especially the blind ) don't come out to vote and if they do they send in absentee ballots even though there not absent just to lazy to show who they are in there community.  In my community I know of 8 blind people in a two mile radius .I get excuses from many we can't get to our polling place. I tell them yes you can. Call your Politian's and they will give you a ride. I do. Sometimes I walk with my guide dog to vote. I don't live that far. there are a few hundred of us who push to show what abilities we have while a few thousand don't.
Marilyn and Anna