[nagdu] a blind consumer's Right toChooserehabtraining(federalregs)

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Sat Nov 12 22:10:48 UTC 2011

All the conversation on this topic is why I am glad that most guide dog
schools are not State run and many don't even accept United Way
donations.  We do have good choices in guide dog schools, maybe not 100,
but at least 10-12 (not sure of the exact number).  I even got my O&M
myself thanks to Leader's program when my state was not helpful.  I
agree with Tami and others about the way VR agencies treat consumers so
I have acquired my adaptive needs myself.  I have considered writing
personal grants for the big ticket items as once I learn Braille I would
really like a Braille display and don't have the money for that.  .

Brenda