[nagdu] SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT: Fake service dogs and the negative impact

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:58:26 UTC 2011

A friend of mine went to a conference in Chicago a couple of years ago. A visually impaired woman had a little, tiny dog that she carried in a bag. She said it was a service dog, not a guide dog.

I'm really not sure what kind of service this dog supposedly performed. I'm not sure what it could do from within a bag. My suspicion is that it was more of an emotional support dog, which is very, very different from a service dog.

It disturbs me that people feel the need to take advantage of resources like mail-order vests just so they can do what they want to do. They don't stop to consider how this could affect those of us who actually rely on our dogs for independent and safe travel.

Shannon and Caroline

If you're a Pagan, Goddess-centered woman wishing to build community, write to
WomenOfTheGoddess-subscribe at quitelikely.com