[nagdu] New guide dog school

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 02:39:57 UTC 2011

Oh, that brings up a question for me. What exactly is a head collar?

Yes, she was very open about what she is doing. I found it fascinating how she trained her dogs in companionship with Pilot Dogs. Yes, she is truly very knowledgeable about dogs, there was no question about that. I don't have any problem with home training. I suspect if I had done it that way in the first place, I would have preferred it. She makes good points about it, but if we have good mobility skills, we should be able to work the dog into our own routes when we come home. I certainly do appreciate the length of time before she can actually be placing dogs. I think she said that she has eleven dogs currently being raised. I think it will be interesting to see how it goes because she is a guide dog user, she is knowledgeable about dogs, and she's blind. I am not sure why you would train the dog to get on the car seat rather than the floor board though. That's a small thing and could be untrained.

Cindy