[nagdu] canes was new member

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Sat Oct 8 17:07:51 UTC 2011

All,

I also believe it has to do with separating ourselves from the dependency or
reliance upon the cane. This further allows for a better bonding with the
guide once introduced. In my personal experience the cane was set aside for
the first two days prior to being given our guide. hope that sheds another
perspective  on this requirement at the  schools. It is much like the
requirement of not using a guide dog when at those retreats where only a
cane is permitted during the day to day portion of  the programs run by the
nfb

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.