[nagdu] canes was new member

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Oct 8 18:40:06 UTC 2011

Albert,

I don't know about others but I don't feel dependent on my cane.  And I
sure don't have any emotional attachment to it.  At least not any more
than I feel dependent or attached to my shoes.  they are nice shoes, but
I can get another pair.  Would I walk around outside of my house without
my shoes or cane, perhaps, but not very quickly, comfortably or confidently.

I can understand the theory of setting aside the cane before getting a
dog, but in practice I don't think it works very well for what it's
supposed to be achieving.

IMHO
Julie