[nagdu] another update on the battle

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 08:53:48 UTC 2011

Hi, all,
I started working on this message yesterday, but was interrupted with
Windows XP Professional wanting to update everything.
Hopefully, I can try to finish up this message here.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:26 PM
Subject: another update on the battle
Hi, all,
I'm sure many saw what I posted on list a month ago in regards of the new
pet policy and how service dogs are  exempt from the pet policy in my
apartment complex.
I have to go down and sign the rest of the paperwork and provide the
information from Fair Housing First which has the section that states
service dogs are not pets that they do have the same rights as much as their
human partners.
I contacted the Colorado Cross Disability Colision Tuesday and heard back
from them.
Yesterday on Wednesday, I also heard back from the Legal Aid Center for
People with Disabilities and Older People.
A lady named Jan told me the same thing as what CCDC tol me.
Both legal counsels have recommended me to get a letter from my medical
doctor to indicate that I do need another guide dog for guiding.
I then have to give it to the manager and if she refuses, both legal places
will get involved.
Something else I've discovered is that the pet policy act as been in
existance since 1983 and the latest document that Dale aned I both have
isn't real, but a fake document.
There's no logo directly from HUD nor the Equal Opportunity Houseing act
either.
I have parts of the pet policy from HUD (Housing Urvan Development)'s
national web site as well as the info I got from Fair Housing First.
I'm sure listers are going to ask me who and why would the pets policy
document be fake and I'll get to that immediately.
Dale went to the web site of HUD and looked at the logo.
On the current so called document that was given to us, it doesn't match.
If need be at some point, I may have to have Law Enforcement look at the
foridged document, but I still want to carefully work my way up the ladder
and dig deeper.
So, I'll take the advice of getting that letter written from my medical
doctor and see what happens from there.
Well, enough from me for now.
Will have more down the road at some point.
I'd rather take this slowly than stressing myself out and end up in the back
of the ambulance again and in the hospital.