[nagdu] Freedom Dogs

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Thu Oct 13 20:10:35 UTC 2011

John Byfield is among the BEST as far as guide dog trainers go.  He was head
trainer at GDF when I was there in 1973.  I've tracked his career through a
mutual friend so I know he's at Freedom now.

Marilyn, I see you're new on the list.  I'm not aroound that much between
busy life and wireless access problems.  And to all the other new folks, I'm
Lyn and I have Landon, a Lab/Golden cross from TSE.  He'll be six next
month.  I've used guide dogs since 1973 with short periods of dogless time.

Landon and I do pet-assisted therapy for our local Humane Society and at a
local military hospital and we've been active in this for the last six
years.  Other than that, we are active in progressive politics and civil
rights movements here in San Diego.  I am 60 years young - except when my
body reminds me! LOL!

Enjoy the list - lots of great folks on it with so much experience to share.

Cheers,

Lyn and Landon