[nagdu] Getting A Dog

Hannah Chadwick sparklylicious at suddenlink.net
Fri Oct 14 03:07:58 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
I have not done much research on the various schools, and I don't know what
I expect/want from a dog or the dog school because this will be my first
time looking in to everything. I live in northern California, and the
closest school to me is in San Rafael, guide dogs for the blind. I hear that
they are a good school and so I applied a year or so ago.
I was supposed to get a dog over the summer but then something came up,
which made it not possible for me to attend the training. I put it off until
now and they are re-evaluating my application. I like to be doing stuff at
all times, especially traveling and I was told that I needed to settle down
for at least six months.
Now I am just waiting to hear back from them but I didn't get a good vibe
from talking to the admissions manager. So I'm just checking to see where
you guys got your dogs and what your experiences were upon attending the
training sessions.
Again, thank you so much for the warm welcomes :)
Cheers, hannah