[nagdu] Please stop and drop this.

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Fri Oct 14 12:41:25 UTC 2011

Yes, guys, my question was meant for Hanah.
She mentioned being in the pipe to get a dog, then something changing and she was no longer in the same pipe.
There are many reasons for this.  I was trying to understand what was happening. There are good and not so good times to have a dog.  Generally, schools want people to get dogs.  There are occational school reps that are unrealistic, and then there are situations that just need to be explained so that the rep will understand your position.
I remember when I was getting my second dog the rep asked me if I "had plans to move in the six months after getting the dog".
I said "no" but then stated "If I land my dream job as margarita taster, or my dream house appears, I'm not going to say "Oh, I can't move, the dog won't like it".
He understood my point.

Had I said "um, I don't know, I might move, but then I might not, I'm just not sure"
The conversation could have gone very differently.

Also, personal choices can impact what a school will decide to do.  If you applied to get a dog, then say moved in with someone who happened to have an animal cruelty charge tied to their name, the school would look very closely at that.
So, I was trying to understand the situation to learn if we had someone who just didn't explain something properly, someone who had made a lifestyle choice that needed some explaining, or what exactly was going on.
No, you don't have to answer any questions, but if you don't ask, you don't answer, you won't get insight that may help.
This is assuming that you want help. You may not. That's okay too.