[nagdu] Getting A Dog

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Oct 16 22:54:45 UTC 2011

Larry,

I think grabbing and twisting fingers could be considered assault.    My
understanding of assault, at least here, is that it is contact with the
other individual plus intent to do harm.  I don't want you to injure
anyone and I don't want you to end up in court over something that could
have been handled in an alternative way.  Perhaps holding Holly's head
and moving her away could work for you?  Or one of the many other
methods that we have been recently discussing.  I think it's important
to be mindful of how we represent ourselves in public as guide dog
users, as blind people and as citizens.

Julie
NAGDU list moderator