[nagdu] Question

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Mon Oct 17 01:20:42 UTC 2011

Is it illegal to just come up to someone and touch them?  What happens
if someone grabs me and I push them away?  How do I know they really
want to guide me somewhere, maybe they want to pick my pocket.

Can someone just come up and start fondling my purse or my umbrella or
whatever they see on my person that they would like to examine further?
Or my guide dog if I had one?  If someone grabs my purse, what happens
if I snatch it away from them and yell at them ?  True, I might think
they are trying to steel my purse, but what about my Victor Stream,
maybe they just want to look at it?

If it is wrong for people to come up to me and touch my things, why is
it not a crime to touch a guide dog.  It is not theirs - leave it alone.

Once at work I had someone start fidgeting with my monocular which was
sitting on my CCTV.  I told them to leave it alone and they got mad.
Later, they took my typing stand after I left for the day so they could
use it and didn't put it back.  I put a sign on it after that and they
left it alone.  They probably would have pet my  guide dog had I one at
the time.

I just don't understand why people think they can just pet a guide dog
and then get indignant when they are told  not to by the handler.  Are
there laws that can be applied to someone touching me or my umbrella or
my victor or my (someday) guide.

I'm just annoyed at the unfortunate crazy stories people have had the
occasion to tell of late on this list.  Nothing against the tellers,
just the perpetrators.

Brenda