[nagdu] In My Defense

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 17 14:09:22 UTC 2011

Dear All,
    In Florida it is a misdemeanor to intentionally distract a service dog
from its work. Here is what our law states.

A person who, with reckless disregard, interferes with, or permits a dog
that he or she owns or is in the immediate control of to interfere with the
use of a service animal by obstructing, intimidating, or otherwise
jeopardizing the safety of the service animal or its user commits a
misdemeanor of the second degree for the first offense and a misdemeanor of
the first degree for each subsequent offense, punishable as provided in s.
775.082 or s. 775.083. (413.081(1))

The penalty for a second degree misdemeanor is incarceration for up to 60
days and/or a fine of up to $500. For a first degree misdemeanor, the
penalty is incarceration for up to 180 days and/or a fine of up to $1000.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala