[nagdu] in the news...again

Sean Moore sean.moore at mediacombb.net
Thu Oct 20 00:02:14 UTC 2011

Dougherty Co. Deputy disciplined for gun action
By Jim Wallace

A Dougherty County jailer accidentally shot a hole in his apartment wall
with his service pistol.

24 year old Deputy Jercory McCray said he when he was cleaning his 40
caliber Glock Sunday night when it went off.

One round went through the wall of his apartment at Shoreham and into the
apartment of his neighbor Sean Moore. The bullet lodged in Moore's pantry.
No one was injured.

The Deputy did not report the shooting to his supervisor within the required
24 hours, and the neighbor reported it to Police.

An unfortunate accident, He's been disciplined according to agency policy
and had to attend some remedial training to make sure that he understands
the correct method for clearing a weapon prior to disassembly.

McCray was reprimanded and remains on the job.

****
Yeah when all this happen, I was playing my Xbox 360 and franklin was asleep
in the bed. When I heard the sound I thought the globe in my kitchen had
fallen again. But no, when i turned to check it out my mirror was shattered.
so I looked it over and saw the hole in the wall and thought it was just
weird. So I called my mom out of pure confusion.  After talking with my Mom
for 5 to 10 minutes.  Franklin had come running out to check on the loud
boom.

I hung up and went back to playing my 360 and 5 to 10 minutes later there's
a knock on my door. "Who's at the door at this time of night? (Around 10 to
10:30PM)
There's this black guy on my porch,

Guy: "Are you okay?"
Me: "Yes fine. Though my mirror is shattered."
Guy: "Well...-"
me: " (something said) why the hell do you have gun?"
guy: "Uh... yeah...I'm a police officer?"
Me: "Oh okay so how'd the gun go off?
guy: I dropped it. -- but yeah going to report this in the morning.
me: "oh okay.
---by morning when I called around 9:45PM they had no report of the
shooting. by 2:15PM they still had no report of the shooting.

The police came around 6PM 2 at first and then by 2 hours later there were 6
in and out of my apartment.

long story short is the above article.