[nagdu] having many dogs

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Oct 24 13:03:54 UTC 2011

Larry and Marilyn,

Maybe I missed what you were saying.  Both of my dogs are fine with
other dogs, even in large groups.  When I board them, they go to a
lady's home, not a traditional kennel.  the dogs sleep in crates at
night and for rest breaks, but most of the time they all mingle together
in a pack.  She does split the little dogs into one group and the big
dogs into another to keep the little ones from getting trampled.  Pretty
much they run, romp, dig, bark and have a jolly good doggie time all
together.  Both of my dogs love it over there.

My parent's dogs have not had the same opportunities to run and
socialize with other dogs.  The males are also intact.  I honestly have
no idea how they might do with new dogs in their space.  My parents seem
to think it would not be a good idea.  At any rate, I'm not willing to
push the issue.

Julie