[nagdu] The Labrador Who Actually Refused His Supper

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 22:28:23 UTC 2011

Wow! I am glad Odie is warm and happy and that you have power. Yikes!

Ironic... The only time I can expect my finicky poodle to eat what I put
down regularly and then be hungry for more is when it turns cold.
/smile/ She also wants to run and bounce like a puppy... Then eat some
more. /lol/

I'm going through my usual beginning of winter fretting that if I shave
the poor, delicate creature she will freeze... You would think I would
have learned by now. Just any time of year, her winter shearings just
make her bouncier... /lol/ At least the winter cold (Portland style)
gives me a bit of a breather in the summer budget crunch from keeping
her curls cut down so she doesn't roast. I still have all of her
yearling stuff in case we do accidentally go someplace *really* cold
when she's cut down short... Say the Arctic Circle? /lool/

Hope Odie's toe is doing well and healing while he rests in the warm.
I'm thinking of you in your landlord issue... Been there, done that, I'm
afraid. Sigh. What a nightmare! There are laws, you know... Doesn't help
if people don't follow them. Oregon's pretty bad... Takes forever to get
through to any given advocicacy group... Only to find that they're so
overloaded and underfunded that they can only tell you that your chances
of getting advocacy are almost nothing. Scary, but true. I haven't had
the guts to check for awhile, but I'm willing to bet that when I do, I
will find out we're still Number One or close to it in homelessness. I
hope you find better and can get this idiocy resolved so you can just
live yoiur life in the place where you pay to live...