[nagdu] Help Us Improve Our Website

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 28 12:28:45 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow Federationists,
    The National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a strong and proud division of the National Federation of the Blind, is seen as the leading advocate on issues of service animal use. We are regularly consulted by governmental agencies, such as Attorneys General, Agencies for Health Care Administration, taxicab commissions, , and law enforcement agencies, and private companies, such as health care facilities, hotels, restaurants, and retail establishments, as well as the general public seeking information about guide and other service dogs. The primary way most of these people find us is through our website at

HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG

    In an effort to give ourselves the most visibility and enhance our reputation as the leader in service dog information and advocacy, it is essential we have a dynamic website and present our information in an appealing manner.
    NAGDU is seeking your help in two important ways. The first way is to simply visit our website and take a look at the information we have there. Let us know what you think of it and how you feel we can do a better job. We would especially like the input of those who are sighted to provide us with some constructive criticism on how we can make the site more visually appealing. Most of the visitors to our website are sighted and a visually appealing site will help keep their attention and reflect the professionalism of the organization. Please send your comments to us via email to

Info at NAGDU.ORG

    The second way you can help is by providing us with content. What we really need are some graphics, especially pictures of people working their guide dogs. Although posed pictures are good, photos depicting action are better. Again, you can send these pictures to us at the above email address.
    We would also like to remind you that we sponsor the NAGDU Information & Advocacy Hotline. The hotline currently offers general information about service animals under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),   as well as specific guidance concerning restaurants, taxicabs, and health care facilities. Callers needing immediate assistance can connect directly to a live trained advocate. Future plans for the hotline include summaries of each of the state laws concerning service animals, more industry specific information, and guidance in a variety of languages, such as Mandarin and Arabic. The Hotline is available anytime by calling, toll-free,888-NAGDU411 (888-624-3841). Comments about the hotline are also encouraged and can be sent to the above address.
    We look forward to hearing your comments and receiving your suggestions. If you need any further information about the National Association of Guide Dog Users, please feel free to get in touch with me. My contact information is below my signature.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG