[nagdu] pet insurances

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 3 15:03:24 UTC 2011

Hi tatyana:

Cheryl Echevarria here, I am from NY, very involved with all aspects of NFB,
NAGDU being one of the them.

I have my first guide dog Maxx, from the Guide Dog Foundation of Smithtown,
it is about a 5 minute drive from me, maybe 10.

Anyway, as you can read I own my own travel agency, but I am also a medical
insurance professional.

When it comes to people like Steve said, the hospitals with or without
insurance must take you, if you do not have insurance, the social workers at
that hospital will see if you qualify for state or government services, and
then they will bill you if not, and you produce these bills to the lawyers,
and they will take care of it.

In the case of our dogs, take them to the dog hospitals, the vets will
hopefully work with you, or at least should especially in this situation,
they can recommend alternatives, and if you know the people that did this to
your dog, then send them the bill, let them take it to there lawyers and
explain why there dog attacked a guide dog.

Also send one to someone who is going to represent yourself.

Just my own 2 cents.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.